Library of the Year Award Nomination Form
Library staff, friends, and trustees of IFLS member libraries are encouraged to nominate their library or another IFLS member library of any type (public, school, special, or academic) which deserves to be recognized for its activities and/or accomplishments within the past year. These may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A significant project or program to improve library services, library/community relations, or library administration
- Evidence of patron/community involvement in the planning and implementation of the project or program.
- Innovative user services.
- Development of and participation in networks, IFLS, and cooperative planning and programming with other libraries.
- Collection management that includes sound selection policies, optimal use of available resources and resource sharing.
- Development of opportunities for professional growth that impact library services.
It is not necessary to submit a great deal of supporting documentation. If you wish to include letters of support for the nomination, please limit them to no more than 3 or 4.